What an odd word to think about relating to work and the day to day of life. Joy.
Joy. So often defined as pleasure and happiness, but I think oh, so much more.
I went looking for definitions of JOY.
Wikipedia – being joyful that some expectation or need has been met. Me – not even close.
Webster: an emotion, the expression of the emotion, a state. Me – a state, a state with emotion.
Synonyms: bliss, wonder. Me – yeah. A state of bliss and wonder and peace.
Joy is the holy fire that keeps purpose warm and our intelligence aglow.
So how do we get more joy in our life?
- Be aware of life. Be present. Be fully present.
- Choose experiences. Choose relationships. Choose memories. Joy is in us. It is not in the stuff around us.
- Think on good things. Choose to fill your brain (and heart) with music, TV shows, movies, facebook friends, books, magazines, and pictures that are uplifting, encouraging, and positive.
- Practice gratitude.
- Pay it forward. Help others.
- Spend time in nature. Spend time with beauty.
- Cultivate a circle joyful people.
Joy will become the gasoline that keeps you moving in your purpose and the atmosphere that helps others around you also thrive.